- THE FIRST THREE BOOKS IN THIS POST ARE FROM THE DEAN & SON PUBLISHING COMPANY, WHO HAVE PUBLISHED A LOT OF COLOURFUL BOARD BOUND BOOKS
- I FOUND THIS BOOK IN MY LOCAL CHARITY OP-SHOP. I’M PRETTY SURE IT’S OUT OF PRINT FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
- AFTER A QUICK LOOK ON EBAY I DISCOVERED THAT THERE ARE COLLECTORS LOOKING FOR THIS BOOK.
- THE TITLE OF THIS BOOK SEEMS A LITTLE UNFORTUNATE IF YOU CHECK OUT THE MEANING OF THE WORD BIMBO. CHECK OUT THIS DEFINITION FROM WIKIPEDIA.
- Bimbo, in its popular English language usage, describes a woman who acts in a sexually promiscuous manner. The term can also be used to describe a woman who is physically attractive but is perceived to have a low intelligence or poor education. Rarely, the term is used as a jocular, possibly slightly flattering description. It is almost always used as a derogatory insult towards a woman.
- APPARENTLY THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS BOOK GOT MIXED UP WITH HIS AMERICAN INDIAN TRIBE NAMES & THE TRIBE THAT HE WAS ACTUALLY WRITING ABOUT ARE ACTUALLY CALLED THE MOHEGAN’S NOT THE MOHICANS. THE MISCONCEPTION ABOUT THE TRIBE NAME IS SO WIDESPREAD THAT MY COMPUTER TRIED TO AUTO CORRECT MY SPELLING OF MOHEGAN TO MOHECAN.
- NOW FOR SOME RETRO MILLS & BOON
- IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE DEPICTION OF THE DARK WAITER IN THE FEZ A RACIST STEREOTYPE FROM THE 50’S OR EARLY 60’S ?
- MAYBE THE STEREOTYPE GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER WITH THE DRAG QUEEN LOOKS WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION!